Thank you SO MUCH for giving. You’re helping to change lives!
Last school year AccessEd gave $32k in scholarships to fund academic support services for 23 students (21 families). This year, our goal is to raise $35,000.
100% of donations to AccessEd go directly to programming!
Thanks to the collective generosity of our shared community, last year, 31 low-income families in the East Bay received pro-bono educational consulting to evaluate their students’ academic needs and develop an individualized support plan. (Expert consultations like this carry a market value of $500 each.)
- focused support in reading acquisition for six elementary students to build a strong foundation in the most crucial skill of all: literacy;
- content area tutoring in STEM and English for nine middle schoolers to strengthen core skills and support a successful transition to college-preparatory high schools;
- tutoring across all content areas for eight high schoolers to support their path to graduation;
- additionally, college exam preparation and college application guidance for three 12th graders to support a successful transition to college: all three graduated and are in college now;
- evaluations for suspected learning disabilities to document the need for additional services by the school district and accommodations for high-stakes tests like the SAT/ACT plus in-person advocacy to support the families in school-based meetings.
AccessEd is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, Tax ID 45-1605765. Donations are fully tax deductible.